Elders invited us to do a soil workshop. Covered 18-day hot composting, mycopropagation, sheet mulching, compost brews; co-taught with Ryan Capistrant. Building soil feels like SACRED ACTIVISM
- Project report title: Project Seven: Gift Economy Career Year
- Summarize how and why you organized this Project Output as presented (Reflect on your design, process, method and purpose): I organized the project report to give the most clear both chronological and context-based understanding through a combination of pictures, video & organizational links, and journal exerpts. The implementation of this project is almost an exact replica of project 4: the container of my season in Austin, Texas. I was using the same basic intuitive system of responding to arising calls for action, with variation in where my attention was listening from the previous year. With the goal as the context, and the analysis left to my intuition, the design is the implementation. This makes documentation of activities sporadic and sometimes incomplete. However when they are arranged over the course of several months, these glimpses become more coherent flashes of how events align with the original ideal context. This is meant for brief browsing, and not as an in-depth study into the systems testing & research that was happening congruently.
- How did this process go? Because I am repeating patterns with new systems & goals for integration, it’s fairly smooth on the baseline. It’s always a challenge finding out how to share a story the size of a galaxy, and over the past two months I have been noticing an emergence of this big-picture style in the mainstream information flows.
- What did you learn? II have more stability than I think I do. I think if I had to pinpoint the biggest “trick” I learned this season, it would be the overlaying of the spiral dynamic system color onto event organization, flowing into using coyote mentoring during the event, and giving a few pictures and a story onto a social media network afterwards.
- What tools did you use (An explanation of the technical side of creating this project report. What software did you use? What digital literacy was required to put this together)? I upgraded to an Android this spring right before going to the Permaculture Voices Conference in California. I’ve used this in conjunction with my Macbook Pro to broadcast live from the conference, interview leaders in the community, and document present states of partner projects. Since Android and Mac don’t play nice, I’ve had to find creative solutions to upload capacities, such as using Bluetooth. This is actually a help because it gives me an extra stage of editing and I have the best to choose from when I publish.
- Did you find any people or tutorials particularly useful in creating this project report? The project report is pretty basic. It’s an accounting of where I spent my energy this season. WordPress is thankfully simple to use.
- How much time did you spend in creating this project report? Approximately 20 hours.
- How well have did you showcase your learnings in this project report? Would you consider this project report satisfactory if it was prepared by another person? My strongest point is definitely the mind maps. Since there is a lot of storytelling done in other projects, I actually like the final simplicity of this one. You know the deal – I’m a superhero who works in the permaculture field. This is evidence that a this world exists. It’s like finding a unicorn foot path. It’s not the most creative or beautiful or masterpiece of information dissemination AND it does its job. It fulfills its function. That was the goal, and it has been accomplished.
- Any final reflections on your pathway integration and development? Funny coming into the final stretches of this diploma. I am committed to finish documentation for at least 10 containers. It is becoming smoother as I’m finding the things that work, and modifying the things that don’t: habits, gear, tactics. I’m coming into my Saturn return years and can feel the test of time on the foundations of the systems I’m building for myself. This process has been invaluable in that way.
Laughing at oneself is an essential component to self-compassion
Pattern is great texture
Body Temperature for January
Upcycle Organics Pilot Project.
a dream from Friday, January 17:
“woke from a cide(?) dream where I’m in a single seat on a ground track armed with scissors, a cooking knifte, and colored light pads. a woman dressed as a ghost. dropping candy & money. tootsie rolls.”
a dream from Tuesday, January 21
“had a dream about a motorcycle, family vacation, a body of water, hotel room 444”
HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIES are more fun when your household is A) In the forest. B) With cool people. C) Papercrete. That’s how we roll. ONE FOR THE MONEY, TWO FOR THE HOOD. The economic flow of these classes amounted to me personally at $100 over 4 months.
January 25: Biochar & Berkeley Workshop. This first piece went through the washing machine and was totally unharmed. Pure carbon.
February 16: Seedball Workshop. Mixing clay, flower & food seeds, nitrogen fixers, minerals, love, care, azomite, coconut medium…
March 21 : Permaculture Voices Conference Report. 27.5 Hours of lecture time from many of the most commonly cited authors in Permaculture Design Courses. Crowdfunded the transportation costs to get there with two other Texans. Hosted by Emerald Village.
May 4 : International Permaculture Day Perm the Park & Pizza Party. May 4 all day celebration, tours, site maintenance, pizza party.
D continues holding “Perm the Park” Saturdays. Stop by if you’re in Austin, Texas.
I was invited to integrate permaculture experience with several schools, including Austin Independent School District’s Eastside Memorial & Travis HS, and St. Andrew Episcopal’s Garden Club.
AISD & Ecorise – Caving in Limestone Aquifers
Books Read From Cover to Cover Between January – June
“Any surface on which they scribed had to be a topological feature of a system… Systems always divide all Universe outside the system from all of the Universe inside the system.” -p.46
“Scientifically speaking… there are no directions “up” or “down” in Universe – there are only the angularly specifiable directions “in”, “out”, and “around”.. Our own misconditioned reflexes are powerful deterrents to our successful self-reorientation of our apprehending faculties to accord with the emerging truths.” -p.55
“In the effort to grow dividends to shareholders, engineering design was replaced with style design.”
“Most urgent scientific admonition towards successfully realizing any play is to take advantage of each of the trends and to develop them, no matter that it mat be in a novel manner, toward the advantage of the populace concerned.” -p.306
“…the war’s number one lessons, i.e., the advantage of employing science to satisfy needs stated as functions. Any economy… can out perform, per capita, any other economy in direct proportion to the degree of initial control in planning conceded to science by politics.” -p.307
SYNERGETICS SUPPLEMENT 537.40
Game of Universe: Individuality & Degrees of Freedom
537.41 We may define the individual as one way the game of universe could have eventuated to date. Universe is the omnidirectional, omnifrequency game of chess in which with each turn of the play there are 12 vectorial degrees of freedom: six positive and six negative moves to be made. This is a phenomenon of frequencies and periodicities. Each individual is a complete game of Universe from beginning to end. This is why each of us individuals is so much alike and yet completely different, a unique and individual way of playing the game with each of the omnidirectional degrees of freedom. With the six positive and six negative omnidirectional degrees of freedom moves to be made at each turn of the play, the individual can move to any cosmic point that is not occupied and can move back over the same points or move on to new ones. Intellect as “god” can play all these incredibly different games in all these different ways and at all the differential rates at the same time.
537.42 The individual differentiates the position in Universe. The six degrees of freedom operate at every turn of the play. Just think of the frequencies per second of each of the chemical elements that make up the individual human body and then think of the priorities of those frequencies.
537.43 That each individual is a complete integrity is one of the reasons I don’t have to make any effort in loving my fellow human. (In the first-person plural of we – even the I classes itself with the other. Each individual integrity has a steering effect, and like all steering effects, it goes from one ( ? ) to another. Certain individuals may be very mode aberrations from all the corruption that’s going on in Universe, acting as just one of ( ?)( ?) and very wide aberrations so that Universe can hold its center. At that center ( ?) is the ( ?) and you turn inside out and only the tetrahedron turns inside out. The other side of the universe is not like the other side of the river – it is an inside-outing.
537.44 We regard each individual as the special case, but consciousness as the generalization. Like the bumper sticker, “The Real World is Special Case,” reality is special case. You and I are sitting here, and no one else can be sitting right where we are. This is the kind of reality that the newspapers ( ? ). They write about realities, as if we were all the same things. If you and I are sitting here, we couldn’t possibly be anywhere else.
537.45 There are many different realities. This is the difference between reality and generalization. There is only one generalization. The only reason the radio works is that it has no interference. The game of Universe can be played on any one of the fantastically large number of the quadrillions of frequencies; the game can be played any way just so long as there is no interference on the frequency you are using, so long as there are not two pieces in the same vector equilibrium at the same time.
537.46 What is important about the individual and important about the universe is that neither is exempt from any of the rules. Universe is the ( ? ) and the individual is special case. Universe is the aggregate of all the generalized principles. Each is individual is one of the illotes(?) of ways the game of Universe could be played.
“God probably has a hundred different ways of creating life, evolution being only one of them.”
Burning Man was born a year before me in 1986. Buckminster Fuller, in his 1981 book Critical Path, insists that a design revolution must take place before 1989. The children of MOOP swooping, leave no trace, and radical expression have changed our culture to appreciate engineering design as well as style. Though I have yet to personally participate in a burn event, I can appreciate many of its ripples through the field.
I set up education space at two festivals this spring: Flowstorm, an event through Quilombo Paixao, and Texas Wild Rice Festival, near San Marcos Springs. Many core organizers for these festivals have been intimately connected with our permaculture courses, and certified through Theron Beaudreau.
TWRF: Display an artifact that will spontaneously cause all of humanity to abandon their destructive habits
solider – one who operates as part of an organized land-based armed force.
scientist – one who engages in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge
scientist-soldier – one who engages in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge as part of an organized land-based force. arms include pitchforks, shovels, and microscopes.
permaculture – an ethical design system known for ecological strategies